- Drive with two hands. Always.
- Before turning, slow down while traveling in a straight line.
- While turning, maintain a slow and regular speed. If you accelerate suddenly, your tires could lose traction.
- While turning, don’t make any sudden steering wheel movements.
- Only brake in a straight line before the turn, and do so gradually. Do not brake during the turn.
- Increase your following distance from other cars significantly.
- If your wheels lock and slide, release the brake pedal to recover traction, then slowly brake again.
- Try to avoid changing lanes in slush. It’s safer to change lanes when slush is not on the road.
- If using chains, check for proper clearance between the tire and the vehicle, as well as the clearance between dual tires.
Tips for Driving at Night, in Fog, & More | Michelin
In search of tips for driving in difficult conditions? Michelin has tips for driving at night, tips for driving in fog, and safe driving tips for mountain areas.
Driving at Night - Safe Driving Tips | Michelin
Driving at night presents its own challenges, including visibility. Learn how to drive safely at night with tips from Michelin.
Driving in Fog - Driving Safety Tips | Michelin
Driving in fog can be difficult and dangerous. Michelin offers many tips to drive safely even when visibility is poor. Learn more.
Driving in High Winds - Windy Driving Tips | Michelin
Driving in high winds can be scary and dangerous. Michelin offers many tips on how to drive safely when it is windy out. Learn more here.
Driving in Mud - Driving Safety Tips | Michelin
Driving in the mud can be difficult. Michelin offers several tips to drive safely and keep control of your vehicle in mud. Learn more.
Driving on the Highway - Safety Tips | Michelin
Driving on the highway can be intimidating and dangerous. Michelin offers many tips on how to drive safely when on the highway. Learn more here.
Tips for Driving in the Mountains | Michelin
Driving in the mountains can be tricky and dangerous if you are not careful. Learn how to drive safely in the mountains with tips from Michelin.
Get Your Car Ready for Winter | Michelin
Wondering how to prep your car for winter? Michelin can help you get your car ready for those winter months - learn about air pressure, winter tires, and more.
Fatigue Driving - Impaired Driving Tips | Michelin
There are many safety precautions drivers should take while on the road - fatigue driving is one of them. Driving while tired can be dangerous. Learn how to drive safely when tired.
Learn Safety Precautions While Driving | Michelin
Stay safe on the road with essential safety precautions for driving. Get expert advice from Michelin on how to prepare for any driving situation.
Learn Road Trip Tips & Checklist | Michelin
Get prepared for your next road trip with tips from the tire experts at Michelin. Use our road trip tips and our road trip checklist to make sure that you won't get derailed.