- Release the gas pedal gently.
- Steer the car in the direction where the back of the car is sliding.
- Shift to a lower gear quickly and use the engine to slow down.
- Turn on hazard lights as quickly as you can until you regain control.
- Apply hand brake if necessary.
Find tire dealers near you in seconds
Address, City or ZIP code
Top 5 cities in the United States
Regaining Steering Wheel Control | Michelin
Lost control of the steering wheel? Don't panic! Michelin offers tips to safely regain control of the steering wheel while driving. Learn more.
Brake Problems - Safe Driving Tips | Michelin
Are you having brake problems? Michelin offers tips for how to try safely when your brakes are not working properly. Learn more here.
Tire Blowout - What To Do | Michelin
Have you experienced a tire blowout? Find out what to do next and how to safely pull over once your tire blows.