- Release the gas pedal gently.
- Steer the car in the direction where the back of the car is sliding.
- Shift to a lower gear quickly and use the engine to slow down.
- Turn on hazard lights as quickly as you can until you regain control.
- Apply hand brake if necessary.
Regaining Steering Wheel Control
Lost control of the steering wheel? Don't panic! Michelin offers tips to safely regain control of the steering wheel while driving. Learn more.
Are you having brake problems? Michelin offers tips for how to try safely when your brakes are not working properly. Learn more here.
Have you experienced a tire blowout? Find out what to do next and how to safely pull over once your tire blows.