General advice in emergency situations
- Remain calm and do not panic; it will help you make rational, calm decisions.
- Try to brake in a straight line if possible.
- If you are driving at a high speed when the emergency occurs, try to avoid sudden steering since it may result in accidents that can otherwise be avoided.
- You can steer far more effectively at slower speeds. Slow down as much as possible to reduce the impact of a potential collision.
- Your main priority is to save lives. If an accident is unavoidable, take priority actions that ensure the safety of human life first.
- Turn on your hazard lights as soon as possible.
- Make sure you have emergency numbers and insurance numbers on hand at all times.