Tire Blowouts | Michelin Tires Canada
Note on the video:
The footage is shot at a professional course with a professional driver and tire-explosive testing equipment.
- The loud noise will surprise you but try to stay calm.
- Always keep both hands on the steering wheel and grip firmly. This may save your life in case of a sudden rapid deflation.
- Don’t slam the brakes, keep your foot on the gas to maintain the momentum of the vehicle.
- Keep the direction of the car as straight as possible.
- Brake slowly to maintain control of the vehicle and lower the speed.
- Bring the car to a stop in a safe place.
Regaining Steering Wheel Control
Lost control of the steering wheel? Don't panic! Michelin offers tips to safely regain control of the steering wheel while driving. Learn more.
Are you having brake problems? Michelin offers tips for how to try safely when your brakes are not working properly. Learn more here.
Have you experienced a tire blowout? Find out what to do next and how to safely pull over once your tire blows.