Symptoms: vibration or shimmy
Diagnostic: tires out of balance OR steering & suspension system malfunction
- Tires that are out of balance can cause vibrations that lead to premature or uneven tire wear and unnecessary wear and tear on your vehicle's suspension.
6 5 tip wearcenter 140319
Solution and advice:
- The solution could be as simple as rebalancing your tires.
- Visit your tire professional at the very first sign of vibration or "shimmy".
- If rebalancing doesn't eliminate the vibration, have the alignment and/or suspension system components checked.
- Tires should be balanced when they are mounted on wheels for the first time or if they have to be removed and remounted.