How do I inspect tire?
1.Check your air pressure
- It’s quick and can prevent many problems
- Do it once a month
2. Check the tread wear with one of the three methods:
- With a tread depth gauge
- With the tread wear indicators
- With the penny test
One easy way to check for wear is by using the penny test. All you have to do is grab your spare change and follow 3 easy steps.
- Take a penny and hold Abe's body between your thumb and forefinger.
- Select a point on your tire where tread appears the lowest and place Lincoln's head into one of the grooves.
- If any part of Abe Lincoln's head is covered by the tread, you're driving with the legal and safe amount of tread. If your tread gets below that (approximately 2/32 of an inch), your car's ability to grip the road in adverse conditions is greatly reduced.
6 1 visual pennyintread 140303
3. Inspect your tires for wear and damage problems
- We’ve created an easy-to-use online tool to help you identify issues and learn how to fix them.When should I inspect my tires?
When should I inspect my tires?
- Once every month
- Before you go on a long road trip.
Next steps :
- Any visible perforation, cut or deformation must be checked thoroughly by a tire professional.
- Only a tire professional can tell you if your tire can be repaired or has to be changed.