Safe driving in mountain areas
- Prior to setting off, check your brakes; test them and check the brake fluid.
- Carry the tools necessary in case you break down.
- Check the condition of your spare tire: the appropriate pressure is especially important.
- Carry extra food, appropriate clothing and emergency aids.
- Check the weather and road conditions in the mountain area and choose your route wisely.
- Tell at least one other person where and when you are traveling and when you are due back so they can alert emergency services If you don't return on time.
4 2 tip safedrivinginmountainareas 140303
- Blow your horn in advance if your view is blocked during cornering.
- Drive carefully and slow down in turns, especially when your view is blocked.
- Never speed or pass in sharp turns where you may not see oncoming vehicles.