MICHELIN ISSUES SAFETY RECALL FOR COMMERCIAL LIGHT TRUCK TIRES
Michelin is recalling one version of a specific size of the Michelin LTX M/S tire. These tires are typically found on such vehicles as commercial light trucks, full-sized heavy duty vans, small RVs and some large pickup trucks.
- The tires were produced between January 2010 and June 2012.
- The tire version and size are:
- Michelin LTX M/S LT 225/75R16 115/112R LRE
- The tires were fitted as original equipment on some new vehicles and were also sold as new replacement tires.
- Michelin is issuing the recall because a small number of the tires being recalled experienced tread loss and/or rapid air loss.
Michelin recommends removal of these tires as soon as possible. Owners of the affected tires should visit an authorized Michelin retail location as soon as possible to have the tires replaced at no charge.
To locate a Michelin dealer, click on the link below.
If you have questions or concerns after visiting your Michelin dealer, please contact Michelin Consumer Care at
1-800-231-5893. Available 8am–8pm EST Monday–Friday; 8:30am–4:30pm EST Saturday–Sunday
To find out if a tire is affected by the recall:
Determine if it matches the information below:
|Tire Description||DOT Sequence||DOT Production Periods (Inclusive)|
|Michelin LTX M/S LT 225/75R16 115/112R LRE
||0210 – 2512
If the information on the sidewall of your tires does not match these identifiers, it is not part of the recall.
The following illustration will show you how to read your tire's DOT markings. The DOT markings can be found on the sidewall just above the wheel image.
If you have any questions concerning the tire’s DOT information, please contact Michelin Consumer Care at 1–800–231–5893. Available 8am–8pm EST Monday–Friday; 8:30am–4:30pm EST Saturday–Sunday.
For your reference, below is an example on a standard DOT code.