Michelin Practices Related to the Protection of Confidential Personal Data
Michelin North America, Inc. ("Michelin"), respects the private lives of the visitors and users of its Internet sites.
This document describes the practices adopted by Michelin concerning personal data, including the circumstances in which it may be collected, the purposes for which it may be used, and the people for which it is intended.
Each Michelin Internet site has a particular aim and has characteristics which are unique to it. If additional personal data acquisitions are necessary for a Michelin Internet site in particular, you will be so informed on the site.
Table of Contents
Generally, most Michelin Internet sites do not require you to disclose your personal data. It may be that Michelin requires you to provide your personal data in order to better meet your needs, for example, to establish a correspondence, to respond to a request, and other similar circumstances. “Personal data” may include your name, addresses, telephone number, email addresses, and other specific information such as a user name, password, or account information.
Collection of Personal Data
Michelin will collect your personal data with precise, explicit, and legitimate goals. It will not treat this data in a way that is incompatible with these goals.
Michelin is committed to collecting only the information that is adequate, relevant, and non-excessive, taking into consideration the goal for which it is collected. Michelin will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the personal data collected is accurate.
Use of Personal Data
Michelin uses your personal data within the strict limits of the goals for which it was collected. As an example, Michelin may use your personal data to:
- Provide you with information on its products and services;
- Carry out and follow your transactions;
- Allow you to take part in the interactive aspects of its sites; and
- Communicate, develop, and trade with you.
Michelin is committed to not using your personal data without your prior consent.
Recipients of your personal data
The recipients of your personal data are limited exclusively to the people who have a business need to know.
Michelin may share your personal data with third party suppliers or service providers. These suppliers and service providers are contractually obligated to keep your personal data confidential and secure, and they are required to use your personal data only for the needs for the services that were entrusted to them.
Michelin will not sell or rent your personal data to third parties without your consent, except pursuant to a court order, to comply with applicable law, or to protect the rights and the goods of Michelin.
Michelin will not preserve your personal data any longer than it is necessary to achieve the goals for which it was collected or for the time period required by law.
Right of access, Modification, or Opposition
You can ask Michelin for access to your personal data in its possession, and you may modify this data if it is not accurate. You have the right to prohibit Michelin from collecting or disclosing your personal data. As regards commercial prospection, you can use your right of opposition without any justification. For the exercise of these rights, please notify the webmaster of the Internet site concerned and/or the Privacy Officer.
Michelin has established measures to ensure the confidentiality, safety and integrity of its systems containing your personal data. The access to the personal data is restricted to those with a business need to know and who are required to observe these rules.
On Michelin’s commercial sites, the collection of the banking coordinates will be carried out within the framework of effective processes of security of the payments. These measurements can consist of encryption during the collection or transfer of confidential data. Michelin takes care to ensure that your personal data is not altered, damaged or misused.
You can parameterize your navigator so that it informs you of the presence of cookies and provides you with the option of accepting the cookies. You can also parameterize your navigator to decontaminate the cookies.
International Transfers of Personal Data
Michelin is an international company that has databases in the various countries where it operates. Michelin can transfer your personal data within the company or to its external partners located outside of your home country.
Because the level of data protection is not homogeneous on a world level, we do not transmit your personal data to third party companies outside of the European Union unless these companies offer contractually the same or similar level of protection of your personal data that Michelin offers.
For the transfers within Michelin, the company has adopted Binding Corporate Rules (“BCRs”) to govern the transfers of personal data coming from the European Union. If you click on “BCRs,” you will find a copy of the rules.
Certain Michelin Internet sites contain interactive functions. You can, if you wish it, use these interactive functions by filling a form with inscription. This form requires you to disclose certain personal data. This personal data is collected with an aim of improving the interactive services and of meeting your needs. The users registered with these services can have access to the information provided at the time of the inscription, and they have the right to modify or destroy the information provided at any time.
Michelin Internet sites are generally not intended for minors (less than eighteen (18) years of age). If you are a minor, we encourage you not to transmit personal information without the authorization of your parents.
Links to Third Party Sites
Michelin Internet sites can include hyperlinks to third party sites. Michelin does not control these sites and thus cannot be held responsible for their practices relating to the confidentiality and security of your personal data. We invite you to review those sites’ privacy policies before using them or providing them with your personal data.
Trademark and Copyright Notice
THESE RULES APPLY TO ALL SWEEPSTAKES PROMOTED TO AND FROM FACEBOOK.COM/MICHELINUSA, TWITTER.COM/MICHELINUSA, AND THE "MICHELIN USA" INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT (EACH, A “SWEEPSTAKES”).
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia.
1. To enter, follow the instructions posted in connection with the applicable Sweepstakes. Each submission of entry information, photograph(s), video(s), text or other materials is an “Entry,” collectively, “Entries.” By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Michelin North America, Inc. ("Michelin" or "Sponsor"), which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor is responsible for the collection, submission or processing of Entries and the overall administration of the Sweepstakes. Entrants should look solely to Sponsor with any questions, comments or problems related to Sweepstakes.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to his or her Entry: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the Entry; (b) the Entry is entrant’s own creation and is one hundred percent (100%) original; (c) the Entry will not infringe on any rights of any third parties; and (d) any third parties whose persons or property are incorporated into the Entry have given entrant appropriate consent to be filmed, photographed and used as permitted herein.
2. Eligibility: Open to U.S. (including D.C.) residents only, to those who are 18 years or older. Void where prohibited, taxed or otherwise restricted by law. Sponsor and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the "Promotion Entities"), and members of their immediate families and/or persons living in the same household as such persons (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a prize.
3. Winner Selection: The winner of this Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received throughout the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted within two (2) days of the end of the by Sponsor or its designated representatives, whose decisions are final. Odds of winning will vary depending on the number of eligible Entries received. Potential winner will be notified by a Facebook message within approximately one (1) day of the random drawing. Potential winner must confirm acceptance of his or her prize by email as directed by Sponsor within 48 hours of notification or Sponsor may select an alternate winner from all remaining eligible entries, time permitting, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Any winner notification not responded to within the stated number of hours after each of two (2) attempts at notification or returned as undeliverable may result in prize forfeiture. If Sponsor is unable to award any prize after two (2) attempts, Sponsor may elect not to award the prize, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. If any winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Liability/Publicity Release must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian and prize will be awarded in the name of and delivered to minor’s parent/legal guardian. If any prize is returned as undeliverable, if any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible Entries, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. The potential prize winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability, and a Publicity Release (collectively "the Prize Claim Documents"). No substitution or transfer of a prize is permitted except by Sponsor.
- Prize descriptions for each Sweepstakes vary and can be found within the initial posting about the Sweepstakes.
Only one prize per person and per household will be awarded. Gift cards and gift certificates are subject to the terms and conditions of the issuer, including those printed on the cards/certificates. Prizes cannot be transferred, redeemed for cash or substituted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to award a substitute prize of equal or greater value if a prize described in these Official Rules is unavailable or cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, for any reason. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prize represents Sponsor's good faith determination. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prize turns out to be less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded in cash. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize awarded. Restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize items.
Prize will be awarded and/or delivered by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or damaged items during delivery. All federal, state and/or local taxes, fees, expenses, and surcharges associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Failure to comply with the Official Rules will result in forfeiture of the prize. In the event any prize is over $600.00 in value, the prize winner may be required to sign and return to Sponsor, within seven (7) business days of receipt of the prize, an Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) Form W-9 (“W-9 Form”). At the end of the tax year for which such a prize is awarded, the winner will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reporting an amount equal to the value of the prize for income tax purposes.
5. Conditions: Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes each entrant’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by each entrant regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes, in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide, in perpetuity, without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, each entrant and winner agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies (including TBWA\Chiat\Day), Facebook, Inc., Twitter Inc., Instagram LLC and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright, trademark and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or any other causes outside of Sponsor’s reasonable control.
6. Automated or robotic Entries submitted by individuals or organizations will be disqualified. Any attempt by an entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification as set forth below. All Entries must be submitted by the end of the Promotion Period in order to participate. Sponsor's database clock will be the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes.
8. Limitation of Liability: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of submissions in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any misdirected or lost mail, or any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay of operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating downloading materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, perform the random drawing from among all eligible Entries received prior to or after such cancellation, suspension, or modification.
In the event of a dispute concerning who registered online to participate in the Sweepstakes, the registration will be declared to have been made by the authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the entry will be deemed ineligible.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Winner's List: To obtain a copy of the winners list or a copy of the Official Rules, send the applicable request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to TBWA\Chiat\Day ("Agency") ATTN: Michelin at 488 Madison Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, NY 10021. Request must be received no later than 6 months after the date of the applicable drawing, for winners lists, and by the end of the Sweepstakes, for a copy of the rules.
Michelin North America, Inc.
1 Parkway S. Greenville, SC 29615
Administrator: TBWA\Chiat\Day (Agency)
488 Madison Avenue, 6th Floor
New York, NY 10021
11. Facebook Disclaimer: By entering, Entrants understand that they are providing their information to the Sponsor and not to Facebook. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
This Policy became effective on April 15, 2011. Any amendments will be posted at this URL and will be effective when posted. Thus, please check this page periodically.